Our 925 Sterling Silver jewellery is made using high quality materials and durable plating with an additional e-coating to form a protective layer, however you'll still need to treat them with love and care.
- Use a cleaning cloth to keep your Sterling Silver (non-gold plated) jewellery bright and shiny. Wipe clean regularly to remove dirt and debris from the jewellery surface.
- Use a cleaning cloth to keep your Gold and Rose Gold plated jewellery clean and remove any oils from your skin which can wear away plating if not maintained regularly. Do not use a polishing cloth with a polishing agent on plated jewellery.
- Sterling Silver can be worn in un-chlorinated water and it will not tarnish, however for Gold plated jewellery it is advised to limit exposure to water to prolong the life of your jewellery. Avoid harsh chemicals such as pool water, hot tubs, hair spray, perfumes and lotions.
- It is safe to wear Sterling Silver jewellery at the beach, however if you sweat the jewellery may darken as a reaction to the sulphur in sweat, so it may be best to remove it beforehand.
- When Sterling Silver is exposed to the air it will oxidise, so when you're not wearing your jewellery keep it stored in an air-tight pouch.
- Do not use any harsh chemicals to clean your jewellery, a soft cloths is all you need to maintain your precious pieces. Our Sterling Silver jewellery will not oxidise if our care guide is followed, so we can not consider it a fault and will not be covered by our 6 month manufacturing guarantee.
Crystals & Gemstones
Jewellery with crystals or gemstones is delicate and must be treated with care. These earrings should not be worn if undergoing physical activity as this may cause damage to the item.
Make sure to keep your earrings separate when not being worn to prevent pieces rubbing and scratching against one another. Our air-tight pouches are perfect for storing your individual earrings.
- If you don't feel confident fitting new jewellery yourself, we highly advise visiting your local piercer who will be happy to help.
- Screwing small parts yourself in hard-to-reach piercings is very difficult, if you're struggling please visit a piercer, it's what they're there for!
- Don't attempt to fit jewellery with small parts or threaded ends if you have long nails.
- Use latex gloves to help grip small parts and ensure they are fully tightened.
- If your ear is becoming sore when attempting to fit jewellery without success, take a break and try again later, otherwise you may cause irritation.
Adjusting Huggie Hoop Earrings
Our huggie hoops are super easy to open and close as they feature a hinged design. It's normal for your huggies to periodically require a realignment if you find they aren't clicking together and staying closed. Due to the natural softness of Sterling Silver material, the thin loop can sometimes bend out of alignment to the back of the hoop where it slots into place. This often happens after fitting and removing the hoops after a number of times, they may become loose and no longer "click" when they are closed. It's super quick and easy to fix yourself by simply following the diagram below.